Increase Productivity in Wood Design
SmartWoodDesigner is a solution created for Creo that allows users to quickly and efficiently design wood products by capturing company processes, utilizing company part libraries and integrating manufacturing practices.
- Build panel parts on the fly by just picking surfaces in any design.
- Extendable libraries:
- Wood panel library described as: material, thickness, grain or finish.
- Profile styles library
- Smart hardware library-automatically bring in holes, cut-outs, shims and spacers where needed based on defined design rules.
- Automatic wood joinery: dovetail, fingers and slots, tongue and groove, dado, pocket, butt joint, etc.
How It Works
- Wood panels are created based on a rough design.
- With a click of a button, fixed panels are easily converted to moveable doors or drawers in sub-assemblies.
- User selects hardware components--creation of all necessary cuts and other features in wood panels is done automatically.
- With integrated nesting, workpiece sizes, margins between parts, and machine cuts are automatically created.
- NC machining tool paths are created automatically.
- Eliminates non-value added repetitive work--freeing up time for more creative work.
- The user works faster with a set of wood specific features.
- Provides a high level of predictability.
- Significantly reduces panel creation, joinery design, and hardware placement time and effort.
- Allows the user to easily design variations from originals.
- Produce the NC tool path in drastically reduced time.