SmartHoleChart for Creo
Productivity Tool for Creo Drawings
SmartHoleChart is software developed for Creo that automates all aspects of creating, updating and maintaining drawing holechart tables. It utilizes geometry-based feature recognition to identify any type of rotational feature, regardless of the way it is created. SmartHolechart creates drawing tables, ASCII output files and NC programs for all hole information in Creo parts.
- Interactive graphical definition of hole types
- Definition of output parameters and dimensions
- Interactive graphical configuration of output format
- Setting of different sorting criteria with priorities
- Recognition of all revolved symmetric geometry elements, including imported geometry Allows any hole orientation to be evaluated, including non-orthogonal orientations
- User defined parameter evaluation and mapping Works with groups, such as UDF's, to search and document group parameters to drawing tables
- Control of where and how to place tables Automatic creation of associated id notes Interactive query of documented holes ASCII file output of hole data
- NC data output of holemaking programs
How It Works
- Define your own bore types by building on basic elements such as cylinders, cones / chamfers, radiuses and threads.
- Use the graphic editor to define the formatting of tables, the shown dimensions and their format, as well as all sorting criteria.
- You have full control of the drawing tables and notes and you can generate custom formatted output files for further use in downstream manufacturing processes.
- Define the type of holes to be identified by the system (cylinders, cones, chamfers, radii, etc.) as well as the assigned names for dimensions, tolerances and parameters.
- Define any general feature, other than holes, to be recognized by the system through analyzing feature parameters.
- Using any stored holechart definition, the drawing tables are created automatically, and can be automatically updated for design changes
- Speed - faster initial drawings and faster drawing updates when design changes
- Eliminates errors – misidentified holes, missed holes, double documentation, duplicate grouping
- Eliminate nonproductive activities and errors resulting from tedious repetitive tasks for hole feature documentation
- Simplify manufacturing tasks – complex features are simplified and reported in a clear manner
- Promotes drawing standardization and captures company best practices directly